Wednesday, 3 October 2012

My Connection with the President.

Well, he's not the President now, in fact he died some time ago, but the connection is there anyhow. They say everybody is connected to everybody else by just six steps. I don't know if that's true, but it makes a person feel he's more a part of the world.

What about this: I wrote a novel called "Death Valley Scotty." Unknown to me was the fact that there was once an old TV show called "Death Valley Days". And guess who hosted it?

Ronald W. Reagan.

About as tenuous a connection as there ever was, I suppose, but interesting nevertheless. Ronald Reagan never came to visit the road on which I used to live, but another POTUS did. The 39th. I have a much stronger connection him. I won't mention his illustrious name, just pass the peanuts ...

Well, you know. Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment